LS245 Liquid Level Sensor
The LS245 is an advanced capacitive 2-bolt liquid level sensor. It provides continuous, high-accuracy measurement of a tank’s contents.
Mounting and Mechanical Features
The sensor head footprint is extremely small and it features a 2-bolt fitting. Sealing of the sensor to the tank is made via a radial O-ring seal, which is supplied.
LS245 liquid level sensors are manufactured to the length required up to 450mm long (see the LS200 for shorter length requirements). As a result, this eliminates the need for users to cut down or mechanically modify the sensor for instance and it ensures a perfect fit for the application.
LS245 liquid level sensors can be mounted in any orientation, including vertical inverted mounting.
Accuracy, Outputs and Electrical Connectivity
The LS245 is available in two accuracy specifications:
- +/-1% accuracy
- +/-0.5% accuracy.
It is also available with a range of industry-standard outputs, including an optional ‘low level’ alarm that activates when liquid drops below a calibrated level.
Output options include:
- Analogue 0-5V (typically calibrated 0.25V empty, 4.75V full)
- Analogue 0-5V and Switch to Ground
- CAN and Analogue 0-5V
- CAN Only
Liquid level sensors come with a 500mm flying lead with the number of cores dependent on the output mode(s). Alternatively, customers can specify a longer flying lead, or for a connector to be supplied and fitted at additional cost. So, if you require an integrated connector, please ask us about our custom sensors.
All sensors have a standard operating temperature range of -40°C to +125°C. In addition, an extended temperature range option is available for high-temperature (typically oil) applications. This enables the sensor to be used in operating temperatures of up to 150°C.
Liquid Compatibility and Sensor Calibration
LS245 is compatible with all common liquid types, including fuel, oil and diesel. Sensors are available for compatibility with polar liquids including water and coolant and bio-fuels such as Ethanol, Methanol and blends.
Our 2-bolt liquid level sensors are ready for immediate use because they are factory-calibrated in the customer-specified liquid type. However, they can be user-calibrated in the field, as needed; for instance, if the liquid type to be measured is changed. Reventec provides free calibration software, which is available on request and it enables compensate for non-linear tank shapes or where a non-linear output curve is desirable.
Benefits at a glance
- Manufactured to length, so it’s a perfect fit straight from the box with no mechanical adjustment required
- Wide range of output modes so it’s compatible with most industrial and automotive instrumentation and control electronics
- Compatible with a wide variety of liquids
- Solid-state with no moving parts, so it’s ideal for use in extreme operating environments
- High temperature variant available for monitoring high-temperature oil up to 150°C
- Mount at any angle, including inverted, so it’s highly flexible